You should always send the following documents with every application for a credential evaluation:
- a copy of the diploma/certificate for evaluation;
- a copy of the grades list or the complete diploma supplement;
- and a copy of your passport, residence permit or identity card.
Sometimes you have to upload extra documents, for example:
- A copy of the ‘Kennisgeving inburgeringsplicht’ letter, if you are submitting an application for inburgering.
- A sworn translation of the required documents, if these are not issued in Dutch, English, German or French. Translations are not necessary if you are applying for inburgering. You can find sworn translators in the Register of Sworn Interpreters and Translators at bureauwbtv.nl. You can also upload a sworn translation from another country. Did you receive an English version of the documents from your educational institution? Then you do not need to submit a sworn translation. A copy of the documents in the original language and a copy of the English version are sufficient.
- A copy of your diploma and a list of marks or grades from the institution of higher education where you completed your first degree (e.g. Bachelor's), if you request a credential evaluation for a second degree of higher education (e.g. Master's).
- A copy of your diploma and a list of marks or grades from the institution(s) of higher education where you completed your first and second degrees (e.g. Bachelor's and Master's), if you request an evaluation for a third degree of higher education (e.g. PhD).
- A copy of the documents from your previous education if you have received credit transfer for the education for which you are requesting a diploma evaluation
- A copy of the permission form, if you request a credential evaluation on behalf of someone else.
- A copy of the UWV's statement of approval for a credential evaluation. You need this document if you apply for the evaluation with permission of the UWV. This is possible if you currently receive ZW, WAZ, WAO, WIA or WAJONG benefits. Please check www.werk.nl.
For some countries you have to submit extra documents:
- USA and Canada: an official transcript. Request this from the institution of higher education where you received your diploma. The educational institution must send the official transcript directly to the Information centre for Credential Evaluation (IcDW), either digitally or in a sealed envelope.
- China: a copy of the graduation certificate and the degree certificate, if you request a credential evaluation for a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD diploma. Did you receive a Bachelor's degree via a top-up or upgrade Bachelor's programme (usually 2 years)? In that case, submit a copy of the diploma that was required to enrol in this programme, plus grades lists for all years for this diploma.
A scan of the results of the provincial examinations (xueye shuiping kaoshi) if you request a credential evaluation for a high school diploma.
- Africa (all countries except Algeria, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Tunisia): a copy of your secondary school diploma, if you request a credential evaluation for a degree in higher education.
- Nigeria: Are you requesting a credential evaluation for the West African Secondary School Certificate? Upload a scan of your WAEC Scratchcard or NECO Scratchcard. The following information needs to be visible: Examination number, Examination year, Private or School Candidate Results, PIN and Serial Number.
- Iran: are you applying for a credential evaluation for a Bachelor's diploma that you obtained after an associate degree? Then you must also upload a copy of the associate degree diploma (kardani) and the grades list for both diplomas.
- Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand: did you receive a Bachelor's degree via a top-up or upgrade Bachelor's programme (usually 2 years)? In that case, submit a copy of the diploma that was required to enrol in this programme of study, plus a grades list for all years for both diplomas.
- Thailand: a scan of the official results of the O-NET examination, in Thai and English, if you request a credential evaluation for a high school diploma.
- Malaysia and Sri Lanka: are you applying for a credential evaluation for the General Certificate of Education A Level? In that case, submit a copy of the General Certificate of Education O Level as well as a grades list.
- France: bachelor and master degrees can only be evaluated if it is a Diplôme national, Diplôme d’Etat, Diplôme visé par le ministre/par l’Etat or a Diplôme d'Ingénieur accredited by the Commission des Titres d'Ingénieur (CTI).
- Spain: for master degrees: only officially recognized degrees (títulos oficiales) can be evaluated. These are the diplomas in the Registro de Universidades, Centros y Títulos (RUCT), the register of nationally recognized diplomas of the Spanish Ministry of Education (https://www.educacion.gob.es/ruct/consultaestudios?actual=estudios).
- Philippines: Are you requesting a credential evaluation for the Senior High School Diploma? Upload also a scan of the Junior High School Diploma, Form 137A for both diploma's and an official statement by the Department of Education, approving the curriculum. The Department of Education also has to send directly to the IcDW by mail or post: a Certification, Authentication and Verification document (for international use) and Certificate of Special Order issued by the DepEd regarding your Senior High School Diploma plus all other documents that are attached to the CAV.
For a higher education diploma: a Certification, Authentication and Verification document (for international use) plus all other documents that are attached to the CAV. This has to be sent directly to the IcDW by the Commission of Higher Education (CHED) by email (or post). If the programme was a Center of Excellence when you graduated, upload an official document issued by CHED confirming the programme's status as a Center of Excellence at the time of graduation.
Are you missing some of the necessary documents and is it unsafe to request these from the country where you completed your study programme? You can still apply for a credential evaluation. We will decide whether we can give you a credential evaluation on the basis of the documents you have.
Are you missing all the documentation and diplomas? Then state this when you fill in the application. You will have to answer extra questions about your study programme. We will be able to give you an Indicatie Onderwijsniveau (Indication of Educational Level), which defines which educational level in the Netherlands is comparable to your diploma. This is only an estimation because you no longer have the documentation and diplomas.